CRICKET: Khan stars as Huntingdon & District snatch derby success at Warboys, while table-toppers Kimbolton are back to winning ways
- Credit: Archant
A Cambs & Hunts Premier League derby clash came complete with a dramatic finish last Saturday.
Huntingdon & District maintained their promotion challenge by claiming a one-wicket success at bottom side Warboys in Whiting & Partners Division Two.
Jhanzaib Khan completed a fine all-round display by hitting the winning run in the final over as his side prevailed with three balls to spare.
Khan was unbeaten on 60 as Huntingdon & District eclipsed their hosts’ tally of 214-9 – a vast improvement for a Warboys team who hadn’t made it past 100 with the bat in their previous three games.
Khan was also the pick of the Huntingdon & District bowlers with 3-25.
Leaders Kimbolton returned to winning ways with a seven-wicket success at Great Shelford.
James Biddle’s men eased past their hosts’ effort of 160 as South African star Jason Redinger and wily veteran Martin Burton batted classily on a testing wicket. Redinger carried his bat for 87 while Burton finished unbeaten on 45.
- 1 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 2 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 3 Huge Victorian house with pool and gym on sale for £1.75m
- 4 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 5 Judge makes contempt of court ruling against Camp Beagle protesters
- 6 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 7 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 8 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
- 9 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 10 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
CAMBS & HUNTS PREMIER LEAGUE
Whiting & Partners Division Two
GREAT SHELFORD lost to KIMBOLTON by 7 wkts
Great Shelford 160 (C. Gilthorpe 3-24).
Kimbolton 161-3 (J. Redinger 87no, M. Burton 45no).
WARBOYS lost to HUNTINGDON & DISTRICT by 1 wkt
Warboys 214-9 (J. Khan 3-25).
Huntingdon & District 218-9 (J. Khan 60no, N. Ahmed 31).