CRICKET: It’s a Saturday washout!
- Credit: Archant
There was a complete Cambs & Hunts Premier League washout yesterday.
All Whiting & Partners Division One and Division Two fixtures fell victim to the wet weather – a situation which means two local clubs – Godmanchester Town and Eaton Socon - are still to start their season.
Godmanchester’s visit to Sawston & Babraham and Eaton Socon’s trip to Foxton were both postponed. An all-local clash between Kimbolton and Ramsey, and Waresley’s game at Saffron Walden were also called off.
And it was a similar story in Division Two as St Ives’ date at Blunham and Huntingdon & District’s fixture at Southill Park were postponed.
Those games are all due to be re-arranged to take place later in the season.
You may also want to watch:
The first full round of Hunts League fixtures was also washed out yesterday.
- 1 Emergency services close St Neots road after medical emergency
- 2 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 3 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 4 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 5 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 Haul of weapons including a knuckleduster seized from Little Paxton home
- 8 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal