CRICKET: Hunts Under 17 Girls triumph against the odds
- Credit: Archant
They might have been light on numbers, but Hunts Under 17 Girls certainly weren’t short on quality as they made a winning start to the ECB Women’s Championship season.
The local county could only field nine players for a Friday trip to Kettering to take on Northants in Division B, Group 2. Only two of those were actual Under 17s, with the rest of the side being made up of Under 15 players and one member of the Under 13 side.
But Hunts powered to a super six-wicket success after putting their hosts in huge trouble from the start.
Bowler Kaushicaa Vaseeharan produced the outstanding figures of 5-6 as Northants were reduced to 11-6 at one stage.
They mounted something of a recovery to reach 73, but Hunts had no trouble in easing past that tally with Emilee Steel hitting 36.
You may also want to watch:
Hunts were involved in a three-way Twenty20 competition the previous day when beating Surrey, but losing to Kent.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 6 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 7 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 8 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 9 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 10 Buckden celebrate first cup win in decades with home-grown squad