CRICKET: Huntingdonshire no match for Cambridgeshire in Good Friday friendly
Huntingdonshire slipped to a 92-run defeat at the hands of neighbours Cambridgeshire in their first outing of 2017.
The locals were dismissed for 158 in pursuit of the visitors’ offering of 250-6 in a Good Friday friendly at Ramsey CC.
Spinner Harrison Craig (2-37) and pace ace Joe Dawborn (2-59) were the pick of the Hunts bowlers.
Michael Cafferkey led the way with the bat thanks to a top-scoring 39, but wickets fell at regular intervals.
Hunts found themselves in deep trouble at 61-5 and never looked like threatening the Cambs total before being removed in just 31 overs.
You may also want to watch:
David Sayer remained unbeaten on 32 while fellow opening bowler Dawborn hit a lusty 31 before being caught on the boundary.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 8 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 9 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 10 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'