CRICKET: Hudson hits an unbeaten ton for Huntingdon & District, while Kimbolton sink Saffron Walden to stay top
- Credit: Archant
An unbeaten century from Graham Hudson helped Huntingdon & District claim Cambs & Hunts Premier League victory yesterday.
The South African star reached three figures for the first time on a Saturday on these shores as his side saw off Cambridge St Giles by three wickets in Whiting & Partners Division Two.
Hudson finished on 103no while Amir Sidhikil contributed a valuable 36 as the Huntingdon side bettered their visitors’ offering of 200-7 at St Peters Road.
Kimbolton extended their lead at the summit thanks to a batting recovery and some fine bowling against Saffron Walden 2nds.
James Biddle’s men collected maximum points in a 179 run success. They piled up 281-7 before dismissing their opponents for just 102.
A big score didn’t appear likely as the locals were reduced to 95-6, but Chris Gilthorpe (72), Nick Borkett (69no) and Lee Ingram (40no) improved matters considerably.
Gilthorpe and Mark Roberts then took three wickets apiece as Kimbolton’s bowlers enjoyed plenty of success.
- 1 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 2 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 3 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 4 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 5 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 6 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 7 Silent protest at Camp Beagle as vans leave the site
- 8 White roses and political history in Huntingdonshire
- 9 East West Rail host public event to discuss controversial project
- 10 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
Bottom side Warboys suffered a four-wicket defeat at the hands of Burwell 2nds after seeing their tally of 185 eclipsed.
Captain Matt Duncan hit an unbeaten 56 for Warboys and Adam Hyde added 38.
CAMBS & HUNTS PREMIER LEAGUE
Whiting & Partners Division Two
HUNTINGDON & DISTRICT beat CAMBRIDGE ST GILES by 3 wkts
Cambridge St Giles 200-9 (N. Khan 3-25).
Huntingdon & District 201-7 (G. Hudson 103no, A. Sidhikil 36).
KIMBOLTON beat SAFFRON WALDEN 2NDS by 179 runs
Kimbolton 281-7 (C. Gilthorpe 72, N. Borkett 69no, L. Ingram 40no).
Saffron Walden 2nds 102 (C. Gilthorpe 3-14, M. Roberts 3-17).
WARBOYS lost to BURWELL 2NDS by 4 wkts
Warboys 185 (M. Duncan 56no, A. Hyde 38).
Burwell 2nds 189-6.