CRICKET: Hudson hits an unbeaten ton for Huntingdon & District, while Kimbolton sink Saffron Walden to stay top
- Credit: Archant
An unbeaten century from Graham Hudson helped Huntingdon & District claim Cambs & Hunts Premier League victory yesterday.
The South African star reached three figures for the first time on a Saturday on these shores as his side saw off Cambridge St Giles by three wickets in Whiting & Partners Division Two.
Hudson finished on 103no while Amir Sidhikil contributed a valuable 36 as the Huntingdon side bettered their visitors’ offering of 200-7 at St Peters Road.
Kimbolton extended their lead at the summit thanks to a batting recovery and some fine bowling against Saffron Walden 2nds.
James Biddle’s men collected maximum points in a 179 run success. They piled up 281-7 before dismissing their opponents for just 102.
You may also want to watch:
A big score didn’t appear likely as the locals were reduced to 95-6, but Chris Gilthorpe (72), Nick Borkett (69no) and Lee Ingram (40no) improved matters considerably.
Gilthorpe and Mark Roberts then took three wickets apiece as Kimbolton’s bowlers enjoyed plenty of success.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 3 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 10 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
Bottom side Warboys suffered a four-wicket defeat at the hands of Burwell 2nds after seeing their tally of 185 eclipsed.
Captain Matt Duncan hit an unbeaten 56 for Warboys and Adam Hyde added 38.
CAMBS & HUNTS PREMIER LEAGUE
Whiting & Partners Division Two
HUNTINGDON & DISTRICT beat CAMBRIDGE ST GILES by 3 wkts
Cambridge St Giles 200-9 (N. Khan 3-25).
Huntingdon & District 201-7 (G. Hudson 103no, A. Sidhikil 36).
KIMBOLTON beat SAFFRON WALDEN 2NDS by 179 runs
Kimbolton 281-7 (C. Gilthorpe 72, N. Borkett 69no, L. Ingram 40no).
Saffron Walden 2nds 102 (C. Gilthorpe 3-14, M. Roberts 3-17).
WARBOYS lost to BURWELL 2NDS by 4 wkts
Warboys 185 (M. Duncan 56no, A. Hyde 38).
Burwell 2nds 189-6.