CRICKET: Darren’s on cloud nine after club record haul
- Credit: Archant
Brampton’s Darren Boucker was the stand-out contender for performance of the week as he bowled his side to victory over Ickwell 2nds in Hunts league Division 4.
Boucker took a club record 9-22 to secure a 142-run victory.
Batting first, Brampton started well, with opener Stuart Henderson (42) scoring quickly. Boucker hit a quick-fire 29 and then Rob Trewin (30no) and John Sykes shared an unbeaten 54-run seventh-wicket partnership to guide Brampton to 188-6 at the close. Them, with ball in hand, Boucker steamed through the Ickwell defences in fewer then 20 overs, with only 46 runs scored.
In Division 2 of the Cambs and Hunts Premier League, there were defeats for Huntingdon and District and Warboys, at the hands of Saffron Walden 2nds and Cambridge Granta 2nds respectively, but there was better news for Kimbolton, who beat Cambridge St Giles by 247 runs.
Kimbolton’s Jason Redinger smashed 108 and Chris Gilthorpe was unbeaten on 95 as the visitors posted 292-2 at the close.
You may also want to watch:
Martin Moore then followed up with an excellent return of 5-25 with the ball to restrict Cambridge to 145.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 6 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 7 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 8 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 9 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 10 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon