CRICKET: Charlotte claims a hat-trick as Hunts Under 15 Girls enjoy a successful tour
- Credit: Archant
Charlotte O’Brien was a hat-trick heroine as Hunts Under 15 Girls enjoyed a fine finish to their tour at Malvern last week.
O’Brien bagged three wickets in as many balls in a 24-run success against Cumbria as Hunts successfully defended a tally of 126-9.
That score featured 30 from Ellie Burgess before Amelia Roberts also claimed three wickets as Cumbria were dismissed for 102.
A smart 65 from Kaushicaa Vaseeharan helped Hunts beat Warwickshire by three runs in a tight opening game.
Their effort of 175-8 proved just enough as they dismissed their opponents for 172 off the penultimate ball of their innings. O’Brien (3-24), Roberts (2-16) and Grace Dowdeswell (2-21) were all among the wickets.
Hunts also enjoyed a 70-run Twenty20 success against Warwickshire with Vaseeharan (44no) and O’Brien (38) starring with the bat in a total of 112-2.
Roberts then bagged a brilliant 4-5 as Warwickshire were skittled for just 42.
- 1 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 2 Judge makes contempt of court ruling against Camp Beagle protesters
- 3 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 4 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 5 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 6 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 7 Jacob Crawshaw memorial football match raises more than £8,100
- 8 Huge Victorian house with pool and gym on sale for £1.75m
- 9 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
Hunts’ only loss came in a Twenty20 contest against Lancashire as they were dismissed for 46 in pursuit of 90.