CRICKET: Charlotte claims a hat-trick as Hunts Under 15 Girls enjoy a successful tour
- Credit: Archant
Charlotte O’Brien was a hat-trick heroine as Hunts Under 15 Girls enjoyed a fine finish to their tour at Malvern last week.
O’Brien bagged three wickets in as many balls in a 24-run success against Cumbria as Hunts successfully defended a tally of 126-9.
That score featured 30 from Ellie Burgess before Amelia Roberts also claimed three wickets as Cumbria were dismissed for 102.
A smart 65 from Kaushicaa Vaseeharan helped Hunts beat Warwickshire by three runs in a tight opening game.
Their effort of 175-8 proved just enough as they dismissed their opponents for 172 off the penultimate ball of their innings. O’Brien (3-24), Roberts (2-16) and Grace Dowdeswell (2-21) were all among the wickets.
You may also want to watch:
Hunts also enjoyed a 70-run Twenty20 success against Warwickshire with Vaseeharan (44no) and O’Brien (38) starring with the bat in a total of 112-2.
Roberts then bagged a brilliant 4-5 as Warwickshire were skittled for just 42.
- 1 Emergency services close St Neots road after medical emergency
- 2 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 3 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 4 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 5 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 Haul of weapons including a knuckleduster seized from Little Paxton home
- 8 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
Hunts’ only loss came in a Twenty20 contest against Lancashire as they were dismissed for 46 in pursuit of 90.