CRICKET: Abandoned games galore in the Cambs & Hunts Premier League on a rain-lashed Saturday
- Credit: Archant
Heavy rain played havoc on the local cricket scene yesterday.
Only one local team in the Cambs & Hunts Premier League managed to complete a game . . . and they probably wished they hadn’t!
Bottom side Warboys went down by eight wickets at Great Shelford in Whiting & Partners Division Two. They were removed for 94 and their hosts needed only 10.2 overs to ease past that tally.
Leaders Kimbolton and Huntingdon & District both saw their afternoons cut short by the weather – and it was a similar story in Whiting & Partners Division One where all five games involving local teams were abandoned.
Second-placed Ramsey were dismissed for 209 at struggling Histon before that game was brought to a halt, while Waresley also completed their innings at leaders Ketton.
They amassed 168-8 and the table-toppers were 9-0 in reply when the rain set in.
CAMBS & HUNTS PREMIER LEAGUE
- 1 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 2 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 3 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 4 White roses and political history in Huntingdonshire
- 5 80th birthday celebrations for the East's longest-serving lollipop lady
- 6 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 7 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 8 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 9 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 10 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Cambridgeshire
Whiting & Partners Division One
EATON SOCON vs GODMANCHESTER TOWN abandoned
Eaton Socon 92-3.
HISTON vs RAMSEY abandoned
KETTON vs WARESLEY abandoned
ST IVES vs FOXTON abandoned
Whiting & Partners Division Two
GREAT SHELFORD beat WARBOYS by 8 wkts
Great Shelford 98-2.
HUNTINGDON & DISTRICT vs CASTOR & AILSWORTH abandoned
Castor & Ailsworth 54-4.
KIMBOLTON vs CAMBRIDGE GRANTA abandoned
Cambridge Granta 134-6.