CRICKET: A positive result, but Waresley & Eltisley side stay in negative Bedfordshire County League territory
- Credit: Archant
The new Waresley & Eltisley side have collected a convincing first success – but they’re still in negative numbers.
The Sunday outfit beat Luton Town & Indians 3rds by 51 runs in Division Three of the Bedfordshire County League.
Waresley & Eltisley posted 168-9 before removing the visitors for 117 as all five bowlers used – Peter Colebrook, Jordan Lydon, Richie Ellingham, Dominic Walker and Jack Anglberger – grabbed two wickets apiece.
But the side remain bottom of the table with a -13 points tally after a series of deductions for fielding four unregistered players in a defeat at Queens Park Westfield a fortnight ago.
An unbeaten half-century from Graeme Duff helped Eaton Socon to a first triumph in Division Two. Duff (52no) and McCauley Clark (36no) guided their side to a six-wicket win against Clifton.
You may also want to watch:
Eaton Socon 2nds are still waiting for a first Division Five win of the season. They went down by five wickets at Luton Town & Indians 4ths after limping to 98.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 3 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 4 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 5 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 6 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 9 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 10 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse