BOWLS: Hunts Under 25 ‘A’ team are Reg Wright Trophy hat-trick heroes after top-of-the-table triumph
- Credit: Archant
The Hunts Under 25 ‘A’ team are celebrating a hat-trick of Reg Wright Trophy successes this summer.
The local talents have made a terrific start to the inter-county competition by reeling off successes against stablemates Hunts B (81-36), Suffolk (73-61) and Norfolk (68-59).
The last of those triumphs arrived yesterday in a top-of-the-table clash at Papworth Everard BC with Hunts victorious on two of the three rinks.
The trio of Matt Nickerson (Sawtry), Hayden Moorbey (Warboys White Hart) and skip Kieran Murray (Brampton) triumphed 33-14 while the all-Papworth line-up of Kane Phillips, Mark Franklin and Harry Ward used their home-green knowledge to good effect to win 22-15.
Those victories earned overall success despite a heavy 30-13 loss for the rink of Sophie Purell (Needingworth), Brad Herbert (Sawtry) and Toby Furzeland (Sawtry) at the hands of former national champion Daniel Cawthorne.
You may also want to watch:
The Hunts Under 25 ‘B’ side saw their wait for a first 2018 win continue as they were beaten 80-55 by their Norfolk equivalents.
The two Hunts outfits are next in action on June 24 when hosting Suffolk, also at Papworth Everard BC.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 3 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 7 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
Reg Wright Trophy results
Hunts A 68, Norfolk A 59
Hunts rinks: Sophie Purell/Brad Herbert/Toby Furzeland lost 13-30, Matt Nickerson/Hayden Moorbey/Kieran Murray won 33-14, Kane Phillips/Mark Franklin/Harry Ward won 22-15.
Hunts B 55, Norfolk B 80
Hunts rinks: Alfie Gardiner/Thomas Whittaker/Sam Brugnoli won 22-20, Jorja Jackson/Cian McCallion/Sam Ormiston lost 14-32, Robyn Walters/Sam Bate/Harry Manning lost 19-28.