Cool Runnings head to Nottingham with ‘greatest rivals’ in their sights
MICK Clarke, the chairman and helm of the St Neots Cool Runnings dragon boat team, is a determined to beat his club’s ‘greatest rivals’ when they meet Pershore for the last time this season at the National Finals in Nottingham.
Clarke and his young crew had successful weekends at both the Worcester and Royal Albert Docks meetings recently – but their man aim at Port Holme over the weekend of September 22-23 will be to beat the time of their great Worcestershire rivals.
“At the Royal Albert Docks we were just half a second or so behind Pershore Phoenix, our greatest rivals. I can’t ask more from the team.
Well, obvious he can, but he continued: “Nottingham will be our last chance this year to top Pershore’s race times, and this will be our aim.”
The team captain, Dan Clarke, added: “The team continues to make leaps and bounds in the right direction.
You may also want to watch:
“We are turning heads with our performances.”
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 5 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity