Compton pipped and youngsters show their skills for New Saints ABC
- Credit: Archant
Muay Thai star Marcus Compton saw his return to the boxing ring end in defeat last weekend.
The 25 year-old, now fighting under the New Saints ABC banner, was pipped on points by Mohammed Sadiq of Milton Keynes Victors ABC at a show in Romford.
Trainer Kev Bullus believes Compton was disadvantaged by boxing at 81kg level and he will revert to 75kg for future outings.
Two young New Saints ABC prospects were also in action on the same bill.
Ten year-old Stanley Smith stepped in to make his debut at short notice and performed very well against host club Five Star ABC’s Bobby Ingleton in a skills contest.
You may also want to watch:
And 14 year-old Gareth Macey, a pupil at Ernulf Academy, delivered a fine display in his skills bout against Tyler Wiltshire of Rayne ABC.
New Saints chief Bullus used the show as an opportunity to give three of his coaches the chance to operate as lead cornermen.
- 1 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 2 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 6 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 7 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 8 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 9 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
Craig Woods took care of Compton, Matt Usher looked after Macey and Jordan Bullus guided Smith.