Colworth races provide big Challenge for Riverside Runners members
- Credit: Archant
Five members of Riverside Runners collected age group wins at the Colworth Marathon Challenge.
The St Neots club were out in force at the event in Bedfordshire which featured a five-mile run, an 8.1-mile trail run and a half-marathon on successive days last Friday and last Sunday.
Karl Hiner (MV50), Phil Redden (MV60) and Sam Windebank (WV35) were the first runners to finish the five-mile event in their respective age groups.
Christopher Wright took second place overall in that event while Caroline Brooks was the third lady to finish in 34th overall.
Brooks was also the second lady finisher in the trail run when crossing the line in 30th and she completed a fine set of results by becoming the first WV35 runner to finish in the half-marathon in 33rd overall.
You may also want to watch:
Windebank (WV40) and Maurice Hemingway (MV60) were also the leading athletes in their age groups in the half-marathon.
Brooks also finished second lady in the cumulative results for all three events with a combined time of 3:20.43.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 5 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 6 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 9 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
That was good enough for 24th overall, three places behind the highest Riverside finisher Simon Boothby who’s total time was 3:15.37.
Rod McKee led the Hunts AC contingent home in the Ramsey Abbey 10k last Sunday when taking 22nd place overall. McKee was also third in the MV45 age group while Bruce Grimley was the leading MV60 runner to finish (46th overall). Ciaran Burke (5th) and Issy Wilkins (6th) were the top performers in the fun run.