Colts Round-up: Bullard back with a bang for Warboys

U7 AFTER several weeks without playing, Warboys returned to action in style by recording a fine 6-2 win against a brave Little Paxton side. Ryan Bullard scored two and Daniel Chivers scored one in the first half for Warboys, and in the second half Liam Ba


AFTER several weeks without playing, Warboys returned to action in style by recording a fine 6-2 win against a brave Little Paxton side.

Ryan Bullard scored two and Daniel Chivers scored one in the first half for Warboys, and in the second half Liam Baker netted a brace and Bullard completed his hat-trick.

Paxton got onto the score sheet with a goal in each half.


RAMSEY A managed to find their shooting boots after the Christmas break, rattling in five against Fenstanton. Kyle Rudland hit a hat-trick, with Ketan Gardner and Aidan Seabridge also finishing off great passing moves.

Most Read


BLUNTISHAM Blasters White and KC Cougars made up for their recent lack of action with a thrilling game that Blasters won 5-4.

Blasters scored first when Daniel Phillips latched onto goalkeeper Olly Taylor's pass. Tom Best scored the second, before Phillips added another and the Cougars pegged on back before the break.

Jack Bradshaw made it 4-1 for Blasters, and though Cougars soon netted their second, it seemed in vain when Will Spicer looked to have put Blasters over the line. The Cougars fightback came too late, and Blasters took the points.

Brampton Spartans led 5-0 at the break against Godmanchester Rovers, eventually taking an 8-2 win. Jamie Bunn hit three and Marcus Read, Ben Pratt, Ben Szczepanski, James Dean and an own goal completed the eight.


ST NEOTS Sky Blues and Dark Blues both played at home to Bedwell Rangers.

Sky Blues fell behind early on, but good defending by Jaiden Fitzpatrick kept the score down at half-time. Harry Fairbrass set up Joe Gore to net a second-half equaliser which earned Sky Blues a share of the points.

The Dark Blues found their Bedwell counterparts a tougher nut to crack and fell two behind before the break. Bedwell added a third, and Matthew Gulliver performed well in goal before Brett Davis struck a consolation for Dark Blues.


HUNTINGDON Rowdies and Eaton Socon dished up a feast of goals which Socon won 7-5 after a second-half comeback.

Rowdies marched into the break leading 4-1, any thoughts that Socon would throw the towel in were quickly dispelled as they hit back to win with a powerful second-half show.

The goalscorers for Rowdies were Jake McFarlane, Billy Jennings, Anthony Stewart and Danny Graves whilst the comeback kids from Socon saw Harvey Wilsher net five and Rob Huckle bag a brace.

Somersham Town B and Godmanchester Rovers served up a five-goal Knockout Cup bonanza which Rovers sneaked 3-2.

Jake Bennett opened the scoring for Rovers early on but Somersham struck twice before Bennett equalised just before half-time.

Mo Hassan got the clincher in the second half, but goalkeeper James Osborne had to pull off a crucial save at the death to secure Rovers a place in the fourth round.

St Ives Rangers' Tommy McCartney got the first goal as his side went down to an in-form Littleport side 5-2 in the Knockout Cup.

Littleport struck back with two goals but Murray Reid netted an equaliser to level it at half time. The game was evenly balanced until the last quarter when Littleport raised their game and scored with three breakaway goals to win 5-2.

Ramsey were up against a strong Newmarket outfit and, despite good strikes by Glenn Ferrier and Arthur Dunn, fell to a 5-2 defeat.

Great Paxton led 5-1 at the break in their encounter with St Ives thanks to doubles from Ryan Scarr and Seb Faux and a Stephen Niven goal.

In the second half Scarr added another brace, Niven hit his second and Bristow also netted, giving Paxton a final score of 9-3.


RYAN Galbraith bagged a brace to put Priory A into the semi-final of the League Cup with a 3-1 win over Sawston Utd.

The heavy pitch didn't help Priory's game but they still managed to dominate throughout. Reece Keating added the third before Sawston got their consolation.

Priory B tamed the Cherry Hinton Lions 4-3 in an exciting Third Round League Cup match. Priory took the lead in the first half through Chris Turner but the Lions hit back before the break.

Jordan Brown restored Priory's lead but the game was sent into extra time when the Lions equalised for a second time.

In the second period of extra time Brown netted two goals to complete his hat-trick, and a late strike for the Lions was too little too late.

Warboys enjoyed an 8-2 win over Huntingdon Rowdies, with Fraser Jones hitting the net four times.

Warboys notched an early strike through Jace Anderson but Rowdies soon equalised. Warboys were stung into action and Liam Durber, Sam Groome and Ben Harding joined Jones on the scoresheet, before Rowdies got their second.

Brampton Spartans were back in action and showed fine form after the lay-off, recording a 7-2 win against an enthusiastic St Ives side, with four unanswered second-half goals.

The goals for Spartans came through doubles for Ellis Ogle and Doug Reynolds, with Josh Hawker, George Smith and Ben Keating bagging singles.


GODMANCHESTER Rovers B journeyed to league leaders Chesterton Eagles, but could not turn chances into goals as they lost 6-1.

Eagles withstood pressure from the visitors early on, but snatched the lead against the run of play. Two more goals just before half-time left Rovers with an uphill struggle.

Rovers continued to probe the Eagles defence, but could not find a way through, and added two goals before Kyle Nightingill scored a deserved Rovers consolation and Eagles netted a sixth.

St Neots came out second-best in an entertaining 3-2 defeat to Bishop's Stortford on The Common.

The visitors reached the break with a two goal advantage, but the hosts began the second half brightly and were rewarded when Jay Lambert netted. Stortford scored from the penalty spot, and Lewis Davis' goal proved in vain for St Neots.

Five goals from James Atherton provided the backbone behind Needingworth's 10-4 demolition of a spirited Cottenham side.

The other scorers were hat-trick man Thomas Groome, Nathan Paine and Luke Mason.


RAMSEY were stung by the Histon Hornets early in the top-of-the-table clash as the Hornets took a two goal lead.

Kyle Ferrier reduced the arrears and despite late pressure from the Rams, the Hornets held on to take a 2-1 win.


PRIORY Parkside started the New Year in style with a comfortable win at neighbours Little Paxton.

Christian Duddridge opened the scoring with a lob after Luke Severn's pass, and Alex Bonafont despatched Jacob Tose's pinpoint cross to make it two shortly after. Harry Joyce scored from the edge of the box on the stroke of half time.

The second half was more even and it wasn't until the last five minutes that Duddridge and Bonafont both completed their braces to make it 5-0.

Tom Hodgson notched a spectacular goal for Godmanchester Rovers B against St Neots in the Hunts U15 Cup but there was little else for the Rovers fans to cheer about as a strong St Neots side won through 6-1.

Despite going behind, Huntingdon Rowdies recorded a fine 3-1 win away at Girton in the league. A Jake Donald penalty and goals from Harvey Phillips and Sam Cole crowned a fine team performance.


EIGHT goals were shared when Ramsey met Needingworth in a 4-4 draw. The marksmen on target for the Rams were Daniel Malem with a brace, Connor Withers and Tom Jex.


IT WAS one-way traffic only as St Neots ran out 11-0 winners against Shelford and Stapleford.

Michael Kennoy and Jamie McDonald each hit four of the final total, with Jack Leader and Dan Birkinshaw contributing singles. The pick of a good bunch was Harvey Millier's 40-yard rocket from just inside the opposition half which flew past the keeper.