COLTS FOOTBALL: Super double for St Neots Town Under 12s - and it was so nearly a treble
- Credit: Archant
St Neots Town Under 12s completed a dramatic honours double last season.
They pipped big rivals Cambourne Eagles to the Under 12 United title in the Cambridge & District Colts League on goal difference after coming from behind to triumph 4-3 in a crucial end-of-season clash between the high-flying sides. Ollie Foley hit a hat-trick for the Saints lads in that fixture.
And Adam Hanley’s lads followed up that triumph by beating the same opponents 3-1 in the League Cup final thanks to a Shay Western brace and a Kane Morehen effort.
Manager Hanley said: “This is a fantastic group of boys who have given their all this season – working hard in training and putting it into practice on the pitch.”
They were agonisingly denied a treble when pipped on penalties by Hemingford Colts Black in the Hunts Under 12 Cup final.
St Neots Town Under 12 squad: Ollie Foley, Mylo Hanley, Rhys Hicks, Ben Hilsden-Peart, Christopher Khoo, Harry Maslen, Kane Morehen, Cieron Spencer-Rosborough, Jacob Watling, Shay Western, Robbie Woodward.
- 1 Historic Huntingdon building on the market for nearly £500k
- 2 'Our inspiration' - Baby born four months early survives fight for life
- 3 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Garage demolition opponents set up Facebook group
- 5 Huntingdon bookshop gets share of £2m online profits
- 6 Universal credit households to receive £20 for rising living costs
- 7 Old Bailey trial begins of Rikki Neave murder suspect
- 8 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 9 Four doctors and a nurse off sick with Covid-19 at Fenland surgeries
- 10 Will Young talks about handcuffing himself to the Camp Beagle gates