COLTS FOOTBALL: Super double for St Neots Town Under 12s - and it was so nearly a treble
- Credit: Archant
St Neots Town Under 12s completed a dramatic honours double last season.
They pipped big rivals Cambourne Eagles to the Under 12 United title in the Cambridge & District Colts League on goal difference after coming from behind to triumph 4-3 in a crucial end-of-season clash between the high-flying sides. Ollie Foley hit a hat-trick for the Saints lads in that fixture.
And Adam Hanley’s lads followed up that triumph by beating the same opponents 3-1 in the League Cup final thanks to a Shay Western brace and a Kane Morehen effort.
Manager Hanley said: “This is a fantastic group of boys who have given their all this season – working hard in training and putting it into practice on the pitch.”
They were agonisingly denied a treble when pipped on penalties by Hemingford Colts Black in the Hunts Under 12 Cup final.
You may also want to watch:
St Neots Town Under 12 squad: Ollie Foley, Mylo Hanley, Rhys Hicks, Ben Hilsden-Peart, Christopher Khoo, Harry Maslen, Kane Morehen, Cieron Spencer-Rosborough, Jacob Watling, Shay Western, Robbie Woodward.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 4 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 5 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 6 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
- 7 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 8 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 9 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 10 Manager of BID Huntingdon is retiring after 11 years of service