COLTS FOOTBALL: Excitement to the max in a fine set of mini-soccer finals
- Credit: Archant
The Huntingdonshire Mini-Soccer League cup finals threw up plenty of excitement recently.
There was a home success in the Under 9 bracket as Huntingdon Town Rowdies Green, who are based at Jubilee Park, the stage for the finals, lifted the trophy. Jamie Clark’s side beat St Ives Rangers Blue 2-0.
Rowdies were denied a double in the most action-packed final when their Under 7 Green side were pipped 6-5 by Little Paxton in an 11-goal thriller.
Papworth Blasters triumphed 3-2 against Needingworth in the Under 8 showpiece, while Buckden Vultures swooped for Under 10 success with a 3-0 victory against Brampton Spartans to lift the Jim Bryant Memorial Cup.
Bryant was one of the league’s founders back in 2000 and it has thrived ever since, currently boasting more than 100 teams and being run by a tireless team of volunteers.
St Neots Under 7, Stilton Black Under 8, Alconbury Under 9 and Gransden Under 10 won the league’s four fair play awards.
- 1 'Leaning' Christmas tree in St Neots is removed
- 2 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 3 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 4 Roman crucifixion burial found in Fenstanton
- 5 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 6 Thousands more homes set for Alconbury Weald
- 7 Christmas markets and events happening in Huntingdonshire in the next two weeks
- 8 Fire Crews called to a blaze that started in a flat in St Ives
- 9 Wood Farm has become 'rodent heaven' says Anne Marie
- 10 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as Covid 'Plan B' confirmed