COLTS FOOTBALL: Double delight for the high-flying Harriers of Buckden
- Credit: Archant
Buckden Harriers Under 12s are toasting a quickfire honours double.
The village lads lifted two trophies in the space of six days when following up a Hunts Cup triumph with Hunts Youth League Cup success.
And the same team – St Ives Rangers Black Sox – were on the receiving end of both Buckden victories, which were both achieved at the same Somersham Town FC venue.
Buckden won 2-0 in the county showpiece on May 7 hanks to second-half goals from Joe Spring and Louie Stonnell-Fitzgerald.
Mark Hurst’s side then had to come from behind to snatch a 3-2 success in the League Cup final.
You may also want to watch:
Spring hit an equaliser and Bobby Clayton fired a winner after Kieran Deans had earlier opened the scoring with a classy free-kick strike.
Buckden Harriers squad: George Austin, Yannis David, Kieran Deans, Oliver Hurst, Jonathan Jarvis, Ben Lemmon, Oliver Roper-Gibbs, Joe Spring, Louie Stonnell-Fitzgerald, Bobby Clayton, Ryan Crouchman, Campbell Freaser, Callum Redwood.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 4 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 5 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 6 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 9 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 10 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess