COLTS FOOTBALL: Budding talents put on a show in the Plate finals
- Credit: Archant
Footballing stars of the future were in the spotlight recently when the Huntingdonshire Mini-Soccer League staged their Plate finals.
Jubilee Park, in Huntingdon, was the stage for four exciting showpiece clashes in the Under 7, Under 8, Under 9 and Under 10 age brackets.
None were more nailbiting than the spectacle served up in the youngest section as Godmanchester Town beat Papworth Blasters 4-3 courtesy of a late winner.
Brampton Spartans were impressive victors at Under 8 level as they swept to a 9-0 success against St Ives Rangers White Sox.
Eynesbury Rovers triumphed 2-0 against Needingworth to lift the Under 9 trophy.
You may also want to watch:
The Under 10 final was settled by a solitary St Ives Rangers Blue Sox goal as they beat Priory Parkside Black.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 6 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 7 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 8 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor