Colts football: Bluntisham Blasters celebrate first clean sheet in three years

BLUNTISHAM Blasters under-10s A kept their first clean sheet for three years when they met KC Cougars for the first time last weekend.

Brandon Furneaux found the net for the first time after an edgy start to the game but once the Blasters were ahead, their opponents crumbled, and Furneaux scored again with Isaac Everest, Ben Heal, Jack Connell and man of the match Tom Moriarty making it 6-0.


BRAMPTON Spartans under-14s beat fellow Cambs & District League side Girton Colts 3-0 in a friendly at the weekend.

Brampton hit the Girton woodwork on numerous occasions before Jake Winterburn coolly collected the ball on the edge of the area, picked his spot, and found top right-hand corner of the goal just two minutes before half-time.

Toby Graham scored a deflected goal in the second half and it was Nathan May who picked out Winterburn to slot home his second. Jake Vale scored two goals – one a great free-kick – as Brampton’s under-9s beat Needingworth Colts 5-4 in the Hunts Mini Soccer League. Brandon Green got the first goal with Vale scoring both of his in the first half – and it was 4-3 at half-time following Robbie Kent’s rocket in the top corner. Both teams pushed hard for a winner after Needingworth’s second half equaliser and it was captain and player of the match Josh Barber who sealed it with a fabulous finish.

Spartans under-12s came back from 2-1 down to win 3-2 against Huntingdon Rowdies in the Hunts County Cup. Adam Goodyear equalised for Brampton in the first half but they conceded a second before Jordan Locke and Goodyear scored the goals to win the game in the second half.

Most Read


BUCKDEN Juniors under-12s White team drew 3-3 with visitors Priory Parkside Black in the Hunts Youth under-12s League on Sunday.

There was a tight first-half dominated by the defenders, with Buckden’s Laurence Palmer, Ben Grant and man of the match Bradley Shackcloth repeatedly resisting the Priory’s attacks. Ultimately, however, Priory opened the scoring from a free-kick, but Buckden countered, and a delicate diagonal through ball from Josh Jarvis released Joe Brooks who equalised. Aaron Hiscock made no mistake with his shot to give Buckden a narrow 2-1 lead at the interval.

Priory pulled themselves back into the game in the second half and were leading 3-2 when Nathan Shorrock scored the goal of the game, a curling screamer. Buckden’s Louis Spicer was denied late on when he was adjudged to be offside.

Buckden Kestrels under-9s travelled away to Fenstanton and recorded an 8-2 victory in their first league game with Mack May (3), Aaron Hamer (2), Jack Squire and Max Smalley getting the goals. There was also an own goal and the scorer for Fenstanton was Reece Goddard.


FENSTANTON under-12s took on Warboys for the second time this season on Saturday and beat them 3-2.

Warboys were dominant from the start, but with some fantastic defending from Mathew Titman and great saves from Joanna Moorhouse, Fenstanton kept them at bay. With minutes to go before the end of the first half Liam Flitton chipped the ball over the Warboys’ goalkeeper for a 1-0 lead. Fenstanton started the second half with a new found confidence and there were some great runs from Dominic Williamson and Jacob Ferrante. But the strong Warboys team denied Fenstanton every time until Jake Balaam slammed the ball into the top right-hand corner.

Warboys heads did not go down and bombarded the Fenstanton defence, scoring twice to make the game all square. With just minutes to go Fenstanton’s confidence returned and Robert Owen-Stewart scored the winner.


GODMANCHESTER Rovers Youth Blue under-15s beat Riverside Rovers of Yaxley 2-0 to progress to the second round of the Hunts FA under-16s Cup.

Danny Mulgrew met a Matthew Pates corner to head Goddy into the lead on 13 minutes and just a minute later Matt Le Farge made a great save to deny the home side an equaliser. Pates slotted the ball under the Riverside goalkeeper to double Goddy’s lead just before the break. Midway through the second half a Riverside shot was stopped on the line by Luke Johnstone while Kyle Nightingill was sent off late on.

Goddy’s under-16s White team took on last year’s champions Chatteris and totally dominated them for the first hour before going 1-0 down. Ollie Simpson curled home an unstoppable free-kick for an equaliser before Chatteris made it 2-1 with just five minutes to go.

Rovers under-14s A side came up against unbeaten Chetserton Eagles and were beaten 9-0.


THERE was a rousing start for Huntingdon Rowdies under-9s when a goal each from James D’eath and Lui Carnell put them 2-0 up – but Godmanchester Rovers Youth fought back with three goals before the half-time whistle. In the second half it was slightly different with Henry Smith, Harry Willard, Tommy Dear and Jamie Turner all scoring for their 7-2 win.

Rowdies’ under-15s travelled to Ramsey in the Hunts County Cup and Bradley Bennett scored the winner in the close-fought 2-1 win. Rowdies were 1-0 down at half-time but George Smith scored his eighth goal in four games for 1-1 before Bennett hit the winner with five minutes to go.

Rowdies under-12s went 1-0 up at Brampton in their Hunts County Cup first round game – but ended up as 3-2 losers. It was Alfie Dear who struck for Rowdies but Brampton equalised. Freddie Francis made it 2-1 before Brampton got the next two goals to win the game.


NEEDINGWORTH Colts under-10s B team beat Staploe & Duloe 4-2 in the first round of the Hunts Mini Soccer Cup.

Needingworth started brightly and hit the Staploe bar with a free-kick – but were then 2-0 at half-time. With the wind behind them in the second half, Needingworth continued to create opportunities with George Sillett and Georgia Currie playing well in defence. Staploe’s goalkeeper made a good penalty save before Michael Howell scored Needingworth’s first goal from a second spot kick. Dominic Holding levelled the score shortly afterwards and two further goals by Matt Galpin settled the game.

In an entertaining encounter, Needingworth’s under-13s Hunts 9v9 League side beat St Neots Town Youth Blue 5-0 away from home. Daniel Turnbull opened the scoring midway through the first half with a fine strike and Joshua Smith grabbed a goal in each half. Turnbull added his second in the second half before. Ryan Batsford completed the scoring late on with a well taken solo effort. Meanwhile, Needingworth’s Howard Riggs made his debut as a referee assistant following the successful completion of his training course.


PRIORY Parkside girl’s under-12s went to March on Saturday and beat Estover Park 2-0 in the S-Tech League.

Bex Lenton smashed the ball home for an third minute lead but it wasn’t until the second half that they doubled their advantage with Fran Gough bursting down the wing and crossing the ball for Megan Cole to hit home. In a return match against St Ives, Priory’s under-14s got off to a shaky start. St Ives scored first and while Jon Ryan-Gill came close to equalising with a cheeky attempt at lobbing the goalkeeper, the score was 3-0 at half-time. A fantastic run and cross from the right wing from Henry Vaudin saw Jack Morrison slot away Priory’s only goal of the 5-1 defeat.

Priory Parkside Black under-11s went to Alconbury Red and won with goals from Sammy Fisher-Diaz, Ben Collins and Iwen Jones. Jack Nottage scored for Alconbury.


ST Ives Rangers Red Sox under-14s completed a perfect first month of their Cambs & District League C Dvision season when they beat Priory Parkside 5-1 to finish September undefeated.

Adam Parr bagged two goals, taking his total to eight for the month, Olly Mead made it 3-0 before half time and Christian Wiggins-Browne headed home an Adam Cooper corner for 4-0. Priory got a consolation goal before substitute Jamie Edgar came on to complete the scoring with St Ives’ fifth.

St Ives Rangers girls under-12s beat Ramsey 2-1 in the S-Tech League with Sophie Marjoram awarded the goals after a scramble in the box from Jasmine Cox’s corner in just three minutes.

Casey Norman and Elle Jefferson were at the heart of everything good from Rangers, and Megan Cantwell made a succession of good saves before Ramsey pulled a goal back.

In the 40th minute Emma Mellors picked up the ball inside her own half and ran down the left touchline before cutting inside and placing the ball inside the right-hand post. Ramsey continued to push, but Rangers kept possession as much as possible to see out the game.

St Ives Rangers under-9s Blue Sox made it two wins from two in the league with a hard fought game against Godmanchester Rovers. Two goals each side of half time from Kieran Thomas and a goal each from Alfie Lowe and Connor Clinton sealed the 4-3 win.

A brace of goals for Thomas Gore and Jamie Coggins helped St Ives Rangers Black Sox under-10s to a hard fought 6-2 win against Stilton Utd Colts. Tylor Johnson and Tylor Watson held firm in defence in the first half before the goals came in the second.


IN the Hunts Mini Soccer League under-10s B Division Somersham Town Youth beat Priory Parkside Yellow 4-2.

Somersham got off to a flyer, but failed to make any impact on a well organised Priory defence.

With15 minutes gone, the deadlock was eventually broken when Jamie Raddon was quickest to react after the ball had come back off the post following a shot from Harry Holman. Somersham doubled their lead on 20 minutes when skipper Nathan Hogg scored direct from a corner. Max Fenton-Stone added another goal to make the score 3-0 at half-time.

In the second half it was Priory who started to dominate and got their reward with a well worked goal to reduce the deficit.

Jamie Raddon then got his second of the game after being put through by man of the match Harry Holman.

Priory Parkside got their late on but Somersham held out for their first win of the season.


JAMIE Watson was man of the match when Staploe & Duloe under-12s went to Whittlesey Junior Blues in the Hunts County Cup and won 4-3. Ben Abott fired against the crossbar when Staploe were 1-0 down but Alfie Edwards slipped in the equalizer soon after. Then, all of a sudden, it was 3-1 to Duloe with Abbott firing in two quick goals. Whittlesey came out a little hungrier in the second half and soon it was 3-3. With five minutes left, Abbott fired the ball into the box and Edwards flicked it on for Ben Sainsbury to net for the winner. Whittlesey still had a final chance but Jack Garwood cleared the ball off the line.


BOTH St Neots Town under-15s team eased through to the second round of the Hunts County Cup with wins over Powerleague Colts and Godmanchester Rovers Youth Blue. St Neots Town Blue showed a lot of character to come from 1-0 down to beat last season’s finalists Powerleague 6-1. Jordan Brown (2), Blake Rivers (2), Reuben White and Joshua Unwin were the goalscorers in that win, while by Rhys Thorpe scored a hat-trick, Ryan Galbraith and Charlie Fairbrass two goals each, Ashley Salmon, Ben Loader, Cameron Harris, Charlie Gough and Ben Bradbury one apiece for the White team as they played Goddy off the pitch.


IN Division One of the Royston Crow League, St Neots Town Youth under-12s beat Letchworth Garden City 2-1.

Two goals from James Parker proved the difference between two evenly matched teams. After a bright start, Parker put the Saints ahead when he lobbed the goalkeeper from the edge of the area but Letchworth equalised before the end of the half.

In the second period man of the match Harry Perry caused the home side problems while Samuel Wilson worked hard at right back to keep the ball out at the other end. Parker eventually sealed the game with a near identical finish to the first.