Collins treble teaches ’em a lesson
Hinchingbrooke School 21pts Longsands College 0 THREE tries from Jack Collins earned Hinchingbrooke a convincing victory against Longsands in the second round of the Daily Mail Cup. Playing in weather conditions which hampered fast-flowing rugby, it was a
Hinchingbrooke School 21pts Longsands College 0
THREE tries from Jack Collins earned Hinchingbrooke a convincing victory against Longsands in the second round of the Daily Mail Cup.
Playing in weather conditions which hampered fast-flowing rugby, it was always likely to be down to the forwards to show their domination and they needed to give a tough, decisive performance.
After just six minutes, good forward play led to Collins crossing the line for his first try after brushing aside several opposition tackles.
You may also want to watch:
Wayne Bradley kicked the conversion at the second attempt after the referee deemed an infringement on the line by a Longsands player.
More excellent forward play after 20 minutes saw Collins cross the line for his second try and again Bradley stepped up to add the points from the conversion.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 5 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
Longsands nearly held out until half-time but conceded a penalty which enabled Bradley to find touch.
This came after a good passage of play in which Collins received the ball and evaded several challenges before crossing for the game's third try.
Once again Bradley obliged by kicking the conversion.
The second half was played in deteriorating weather conditions and despite the odd half-chance the defences of both teams came out on top as mistakes were made by both sides.