TRIATHLON: One-two for BRJ in Bedfordshire event
- Credit: Archant
Huntingdon BRJ Run & Tri provided the top two finishers in the Stewartby Lake Triathlon yesterday.
Adrian Beer (2:04.19) beat clubmate Josh Chapman (2:07.06) by almost three minutes in the Bedfordshire event over the standard distance.
Chapman led by more than five minutes after the 1.5km swim, but Beer ate into those arrears during the 40km cycle and he completed his charge to victory during the 10km run.
Another BRJ entrant, Danny Hawksford, was eighth in 2:30.08.
Peter Daum finished third in his age category at the Pitsford Triathlon. He completed the standard distance event in 3:01.24.
You may also want to watch:
Three other BRJ members took part in the Dambuster Triathlon – also made up of a 1.5km swim, 40km cycle and 10km run – at Rutland Water last Saturday.
Andrew Skea was the fastest finish in a total time of 2:33.04, Chris Brown completed in 2:52.12 and Gemma Palmer-Dighton clocked 3:32.28.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 5 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 8 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 9 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 10 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
BRJ youngster Dominic Pauley finished eighth in the Tristar 2 category at the Bridge Children’s Triathlon in Dartford.
He emerged from the open water swim in fourth and maintained that during the cycle before slipping back during the closing run.