ATHLETICS: Success for BRJ at two different races
- Credit: Archant
Huntingdon BRJ enjoyed podium success at two separate Sunday races.
John Uff continued his rich vein of form with third place at the Long Sutton 10k in a time of 35.34 which also earned top spot in the M35-39 section.
Rob Farrant was one place back in fourth overall in 37.11 and took the M45-49 spoils while Shelley Duffy enjoyed double success.
She was the first female finisher in 41.41 and therefore also took the honours in her F40-44 section.
Jackie Wren, second in the F55-59 category in 52.04, also ran well.
The club’s legendary husband and wife duo enjoyed victories at the Oundle 20-mile event.
David Newton was the leading man in the M70-74 age group with a 2:46.48 effort while Annette Newton led the way at F65-69 level in 2:57.21.
- 1 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 2 Drugs uncovered in Huntingdon home
- 3 Drug Dealer from Huntingdon has been sentenced
- 4 London Luton Airport and NATS will go ahead with Huntingdonshire flight path
- 5 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 6 Man dies following crash on A1198 near St Ives last month
- 7 Steve's Taxis has donated more than £20,000 to Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 8 Crafty Monkey is encouraging people to shop local this winter
- 9 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 10 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse
Simon Moore was third in the M45-49 bracket in 2:23.12 which also secured 29th place overall.