ATHLETICS: Success for BRJ at two different races
- Credit: Archant
Huntingdon BRJ enjoyed podium success at two separate Sunday races.
John Uff continued his rich vein of form with third place at the Long Sutton 10k in a time of 35.34 which also earned top spot in the M35-39 section.
Rob Farrant was one place back in fourth overall in 37.11 and took the M45-49 spoils while Shelley Duffy enjoyed double success.
She was the first female finisher in 41.41 and therefore also took the honours in her F40-44 section.
Jackie Wren, second in the F55-59 category in 52.04, also ran well.
The club’s legendary husband and wife duo enjoyed victories at the Oundle 20-mile event.
David Newton was the leading man in the M70-74 age group with a 2:46.48 effort while Annette Newton led the way at F65-69 level in 2:57.21.
- 1 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 2 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 3 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 4 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 5 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 6 East West Rail host public event to discuss controversial project
- 7 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 8 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 9 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 10 Silent protest at Camp Beagle as vans leave the site
Simon Moore was third in the M45-49 bracket in 2:23.12 which also secured 29th place overall.