Club juniors impress at track and field championship
DESPITE a long journey and hot weather, Huntingdonshire Athletics Club juniors made the trip to the Princess Royal Sports Arena in Boston, Lincolnshire worthwhile as they recorded some fantastic performances at this year s English Schools Regional Track a
DESPITE a long journey and hot weather, Huntingdonshire Athletics Club juniors made the trip to the Princess Royal Sports Arena in Boston, Lincolnshire worthwhile as they recorded some fantastic performances at this year's English Schools Regional Track and Field Championships.
Athletes set two new championship records, won five regional titles and set 11 personal bests. Undoubted performances of the day came from Scott Whitehill (U17) and Gian Zicchi (U17). Scott set a new personal best of 50.7s in the 400m with a huge acceleration at 150m. His time also saw him set a new championship record.
Zicchi finished a close second. He also went on to take the 200m title in a new PB of 22.4s and set a new championship record.
Christy Smith (U17) has a new PB of 4m43.6s in the 1500m race.
You may also want to watch:
In the junior girls 75m hurdles, Daniella McGrory battled all the way to the line in a very close finish to set a new PB, winning in a time of 12s and in the junior boys hammer Jonathan Edwards launched the hammer to a huge new personal best and U15 club record of 35.34m to take first place.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 5 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 6 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 7 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 8 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'