Clash of the county titans tonight as St Neots Town and St Ives Town do battle
- Credit: Archant
The two biggest clubs in Huntingdonshire clash tonight.
St Neots Town entertain St Ives Town in the opening round of the Southern League’s Red Insure Cup competition at the Premier Plus Stadium (7.45pm).
St Neots can be found languishing in the bottom half of the Premier Division while St Ives have roared into joint top spot in Division One (Central) after a super start to the season.
But Ives chief Ricky Marheineke reckons the all-Huntingdonshire affair tonight is a fixture neither team will be too worried about winning.
He said: “It is a good fixture in that it will enable both clubs to get minutes into certain players, but it is probably a game that neither team will really want to win.
“We will certainly be making a few changes and mixing things up a bit.”
Two other local teams are in action tonight.
- 1 'Leaning' Christmas tree in St Neots is removed
- 2 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 3 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 4 Roman crucifixion burial found in Fenstanton
- 5 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 6 Thousands more homes set for Alconbury Weald
- 7 Christmas markets and events happening in Huntingdonshire in the next two weeks
- 8 Fire Crews called to a blaze that started in a flat in St Ives
- 9 Wood Farm has become 'rodent heaven' says Anne Marie
- 10 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as Covid 'Plan B' confirmed
Eynesbury Rovers entertain Newport Pagnell in the United Counties League Premier Division while Godmanchester Rovers visit Braintree Town Reserves in the Thurlow Nunn League Challenge Cup.