Clash of the county titans tonight as St Neots Town and St Ives Town do battle
- Credit: Archant
The two biggest clubs in Huntingdonshire clash tonight.
St Neots Town entertain St Ives Town in the opening round of the Southern League’s Red Insure Cup competition at the Premier Plus Stadium (7.45pm).
St Neots can be found languishing in the bottom half of the Premier Division while St Ives have roared into joint top spot in Division One (Central) after a super start to the season.
But Ives chief Ricky Marheineke reckons the all-Huntingdonshire affair tonight is a fixture neither team will be too worried about winning.
He said: “It is a good fixture in that it will enable both clubs to get minutes into certain players, but it is probably a game that neither team will really want to win.
“We will certainly be making a few changes and mixing things up a bit.”
Two other local teams are in action tonight.
- 1 Eight Huntingdon children handed anti-social behaviour interventions
- 2 A1 set for night-time and weekend closures until August
- 3 Meet the Sassy Lassies cycling group encouraging women in Huntingdonshire to ride
- 4 Suspected case of bird flu in swan reported to DEFRA
- 5 7 of the most beautiful churches in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Police check home of 101-year-old animal rights patron for stolen beagles
- 7 Site cleared after 'grenade' prompts alarm
- 8 Part of The Busway set for weekend closure with diversions near St Ives
- 9 New homes plan for Huntingdonshire village
- 10 A "determined" Huntingdon man takes on Everest after a double lung transplant
Eynesbury Rovers entertain Newport Pagnell in the United Counties League Premier Division while Godmanchester Rovers visit Braintree Town Reserves in the Thurlow Nunn League Challenge Cup.