Chloe Sainsbury checks out with fine figures as Hunts girls win again
- Credit: Archant
Chloe Sainsbury starred as Huntingdonshire Under 17 Girls continued their sparkling start to the season last Sunday.
Sainsbury claimed five wickets during an emphatic 88-run success against Hertfordshire that kept the local talents top of Group Two of the ECB Under 17 B Division.
Sarah Penfold top-scored with an unbeaten 30 as Hunts reached 149-7 in their 45 overs at Hemel Hempstead.
Leah Culpin (22) and Sainsbury (20) also made tidy contributions.
Sainsbury then took centre-stage with the ball as Hertfordshire were dismissed for 61 in just 22.1 overs.
Her return of 5-15 was well supported by Penfold 2-4 and Emilee Steel 2-10. Amelia Oliver was the other Hunts wicket-taker.
The Hunts Under 11 Girls team went down to a seven-wicket defeat against Lincolsnhire in a friendly at Caythorpe.
- 1 Police dog helped find drugs and knife in Ramsey
- 2 Small community café in St Neots "just hanging on"
- 3 New Toolstation branch to open in Huntingdon
- 4 Great honour for two men awarded the freedom of Huntingdon
- 5 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
- 6 Come and see Huntingdon's Beacon lighting ceremony for the Jubilee
- 7 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 8 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
- 9 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 10 Pupils enjoy early jubilee celebration with all things royal
Ruby Wright and Zara Dighton were the only Hunts players to manage double-figures as their side were dismissed for 74.
Hunts Under 15 Boys went down to Kent by eight wickets in an ECB County Cup Group 3B game at the St Ivo Outdoor Centre.