Chloe Sainsbury checks out with fine figures as Hunts girls win again
- Credit: Archant
Chloe Sainsbury starred as Huntingdonshire Under 17 Girls continued their sparkling start to the season last Sunday.
Sainsbury claimed five wickets during an emphatic 88-run success against Hertfordshire that kept the local talents top of Group Two of the ECB Under 17 B Division.
Sarah Penfold top-scored with an unbeaten 30 as Hunts reached 149-7 in their 45 overs at Hemel Hempstead.
Leah Culpin (22) and Sainsbury (20) also made tidy contributions.
Sainsbury then took centre-stage with the ball as Hertfordshire were dismissed for 61 in just 22.1 overs.
You may also want to watch:
Her return of 5-15 was well supported by Penfold 2-4 and Emilee Steel 2-10. Amelia Oliver was the other Hunts wicket-taker.
The Hunts Under 11 Girls team went down to a seven-wicket defeat against Lincolsnhire in a friendly at Caythorpe.
- 1 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 4 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 5 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 6 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 7 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
Ruby Wright and Zara Dighton were the only Hunts players to manage double-figures as their side were dismissed for 74.
Hunts Under 15 Boys went down to Kent by eight wickets in an ECB County Cup Group 3B game at the St Ivo Outdoor Centre.