Charlotte Edwards opens new Godmanchester nets
ENGLAND Women s cricket captain Charlotte Edwards opened Godmanchester Town Cricket Club s new nets on Friday. The two-lane facility was funded by the ECB, Godmanchester Town Council and the Donarbon Community Fund. After the opening, Edwards led a group
ENGLAND Women's cricket captain Charlotte Edwards opened Godmanchester Town Cricket Club's new nets on Friday.
The two-lane facility was funded by the ECB, Godmanchester Town Council and the Donarbon Community Fund.
After the opening, Edwards led a group of county coaches in a session centred on coaching cricket to girls and made presentations to the club's players and coaches.
THE 2010 Huntingdonshire County Cricket League season got underway on Sunday when St Neots beat Longstowe III on the Common.
You may also want to watch:
Saints reached 191-9 at close thanks to the first 50 of the season by Mark Spavin (50) and good knocks from Ian Stanford (33), Ali Jabbar (32) and Lee Snooks (32).
Adam Staughton (4-34) kept Longstowe adrift of the run rate with an accurate spell, and the visitors closed 28 runs short at 163-7.
- 1 Emergency services close St Neots road after medical emergency
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 4 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 5 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 6 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 7 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 Haul of weapons including a knuckleduster seized from Little Paxton home