ATHLETICS: Farrant provides home success in BRJ charity event
- Credit: Archant
Rob Farrant tasted victory as Huntingdon BRJ Run & Tri staged their charity races at Jubilee Park.
The Bank Holiday Monday event attracted a big turnout with Farrant beating off strong competition to triumph in the five-mile race.
He clocked 29.49 to win by nine seconds from young clubmate James Orrell with another BRJ runner, Gut Forster, crossing the line fifth in 32.34 to take the MV40 age-group honours.
BRJ also provided the leading lady with Shelley Duffy home in 33.46 which earned her ninth place overall.
Hanna Brickell won the senior women category with a 38.06 performance while Ruth Forster (38.50, FV55) and Jane Roberts (40.31, FV45) also claimed age categories.
You may also want to watch:
BRJ also provided the winner of the Fun Run with Dominic Pauley coming home 20 seconds clear of his closest rival in 8.32.
Clubmate Jeff Newham was runners-up with Samuel Gibbons back in fourth as he took top spot in the Under 11 Boys' age bracket.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 8 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 9 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
Christopher Scott (Under 9 Boys), Freya Harris (Under 11 Girls) and Rebecca Ainscow (Under 13 Girls) also enjoyed glory in their sections.
The event raised money for Myaware - a charity which supports sufferers of muscle-weakening condition myasthenia.