Champions collect their prizes
CHAIRMAN of Bury Carpet Bowls Club John Rignall presented champions from the season with prizes at the club s annual dinner. The awards, held at The George Hotel in Ramsey, saw winners of singles and doubles competitions from throughout the season collect
CHAIRMAN of Bury Carpet Bowls Club John Rignall presented champions from the season with prizes at the club's annual dinner.
The awards, held at The George Hotel in Ramsey, saw winners of singles and doubles competitions from throughout the season collect their prizes.
Jenny Burley picked up the award for the singles competition as well as the doubles competition with Olga Hipwell. Geoff Cobb was runner-up in the singles event.
Janet Graham and Gwen Hopkins were runners-up in the doubles event and all trophies were sponsored by HGH Carpenters and Joiners.
Addressing the crowd, club chairman John Rignall thanked Keith Snoad for looking after the club's finances, Jenny Snoad for organising refreshments and all club members for their support throughout the year.
Mr Rignall said: "It has been a good year for the club and the awards were a nice way to round the season off and now we look forward to 2007."
- 1 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 2 Judge makes contempt of court ruling against Camp Beagle protesters
- 3 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 4 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 5 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 6 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 7 Jacob Crawshaw memorial football match raises more than £8,100
- 8 Huge Victorian house with pool and gym on sale for £1.75m
- 9 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
INFORMATION: Anyone interested in joining Bury Carpet Bowls Club should contact Keith Snoad on 01487 815344.