Champions collect their prizes
CHAIRMAN of Bury Carpet Bowls Club John Rignall presented champions from the season with prizes at the club s annual dinner. The awards, held at The George Hotel in Ramsey, saw winners of singles and doubles competitions from throughout the season collect
CHAIRMAN of Bury Carpet Bowls Club John Rignall presented champions from the season with prizes at the club's annual dinner.
The awards, held at The George Hotel in Ramsey, saw winners of singles and doubles competitions from throughout the season collect their prizes.
Jenny Burley picked up the award for the singles competition as well as the doubles competition with Olga Hipwell. Geoff Cobb was runner-up in the singles event.
Janet Graham and Gwen Hopkins were runners-up in the doubles event and all trophies were sponsored by HGH Carpenters and Joiners.
You may also want to watch:
Addressing the crowd, club chairman John Rignall thanked Keith Snoad for looking after the club's finances, Jenny Snoad for organising refreshments and all club members for their support throughout the year.
Mr Rignall said: "It has been a good year for the club and the awards were a nice way to round the season off and now we look forward to 2007."
- 1 Emergency services close St Neots road after medical emergency
- 2 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 3 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 4 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 5 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 6 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 7 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 8 Haul of weapons including a knuckleduster seized from Little Paxton home
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
INFORMATION: Anyone interested in joining Bury Carpet Bowls Club should contact Keith Snoad on 01487 815344.