Chairman Lee Kearns has new manager lined up for St Neots Town
- Credit: Archant
St Neots Town chairman Lee Kearns has identified the man he wants to take the club forward.
Kearns told the Hunts Post this lunchtime that he has offered the vacant Saints managerial post to his chosen candidate, who’s identity is being kept under wraps.
Club chiefs are currently awaiting a decision which could come early next week.
Kearns said: “We haven’t made an appointment as yet, but we had a really good second meeting with our preferred candidate for the job last night.
“He is someone we all like and it now comes down to whether he wants to work with us.
You may also want to watch:
“We feel this person is someone who would secure our position in the Premier Division this season and enhance it going beyond that.
“He ticks all the boxes and we are hoping we get the decision we want.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 8 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 9 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 10 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
”It is a slow process, but one we must get right.”
Current King’s Lynn manager Gary Setchell and Bedford Town boss Jon Taylor are rumoured to have attracted interest from St Neots.Academy manager Andy Davies and senior player Drew Roberts, who is currently sidelined with a thigh problem, take charge of St Neots tomorrow when they go to Stratford Town for a Premier Division clash.
Director of football Iain Parr, who has taken charge of the last two games, has family commitments.
New signing Peter Clark is expected to go straight into the Saints team following his return to the club from St Ives Town earlier this week.
Influential defender Tom Ward may also feature after several weeks out following a car crash.
St Neots are without a win in 11 matches and find themselves only nine points above the relegation zone.