WOMEN’S FOOTBALL: A pleasing Development for St Ives side as they reach cup final
- Credit: Archant
The St Ives Town Ladies Development side are celebrating after reaching a first cup final.
They booked their place in the Cambridgeshire Women’s League Championship Cup showpiece with a 3-1 triumph against Burwell Tigers in a semi-final clash last Sunday.
Jade Carpenter slotted the opening goal after a fine pass from Emilee Steel, but the Saints side were pegged back before Carpenter saw a penalty saved.
However, Carpenter did succeed in finding the net again on the hour to restore her side’s lead and their passage was secured by a high-class Fran Worrall strike.
The Development side, who are also chasing promotion in the Championship South, will now face Wisbech Town in the final later in the season.
You may also want to watch:
St Ives’ first team saw their Eastern Region Women’s League Division One clash at Hutton postponed due to a waterlogged pitch. They are also without a game this Sunday.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 4 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 5 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 6 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 9 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 10 How well do you know Huntingdon?