Carla is Gunning for glory
A NINE-year-old girl from Brampton is celebrating after beating off fierce competition to win a place at Arsenal FC s Centre of Excellence. Carla Humphrey became one of only 10 players selected for next season s under-10 girls squad after impressing club
A NINE-year-old girl from Brampton is celebrating after beating off fierce competition to win a place at Arsenal FC's Centre of Excellence.
Carla Humphrey became one of only 10 players selected for next season's
under-10 girls squad after impressing club coaches at the weekend.
From next month, Carla will travel to London once a week to train at the Gunners' Centre of Excellence, with matches on weekends.
You may also want to watch:
Carla's proud mum Kerry said: "We're absolutely over the moon with the news.
"This has been Carla's dream since we can remember. We're all Arsenal supporters so it's just fantastic.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 5 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 9 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 10 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
"The competition for a place was really, really tough but Carla works hard and trains hard and she's got her reward."
Carla can be seen on national television show Match Academy impressing coaches and talent scouts alike with her skills.
The midfielder beat hundreds of boys to earn her spot on the show and was seen last weekend meeting England Ladies star Sue Smith.
Match Academy is shown at 11am on Sundays on Five.