Carla Humphrey signs first senior contract with the Gunners
- Credit: Archant
Carla Humphrey has seen her footballing dream turn into a reality. The Brampton teenager has been handed a first contract by Arsenal Ladies after rising through the club’s youth system since first being spotted at the age of nine.
And she hopes to become a star for the Gunners in the new FA Super League One season which starts next month.
“It feels brilliant to have signed a contract with Arsenal,” said Humphrey. “It is something I’ve always wanted and I was always hopeful it would happen.
“I’m so thankful to my mum and dad, and everyone who has helped me to progress in the game. I see this as just the start of my journey in senior football and I know I have a lot of hard work ahead of me. I’ve been involved in the first-team squad for a while and I’m really looking forward to the new season.”
Humphrey celebrated her contract by scoring a first senior goal for Arsenal in a 3-0 pre-season victory against Millwall Lionesses at the weekend.
You may also want to watch:
She is currently combining her A-Level studies at Hinchingbrooke School with daily Arsenal training sessions.
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 3 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 8 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 9 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 10 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer