HUNTS LEAGUE CRICKET: Hat-trick of successes for Warboys; huge helping of runs for Ramsey’s Aussie ace
Warboys are on a roll in the Hunts League.
Matt Lavender’s side reeled off a third successive Division Three victory when triumphing by seven wickets at Huntingdon & District 2nds last Saturday.
Skipper Lavender (4-28) and Liam Gaynor (4-37) did the majority of the damage as Warboys removed their hosts for 126. Almost half of the Huntingdon & District 2nds runs were provided by Steve Marsh, who hit 60.
Warboys had few problems in wrapping up victory in 20-and-a-half overs.
Aussie ace Jake Towerton dropped down the levels to devastating effect in a resounding Ramsey 3rds victory at that level.
You may also want to watch:
Towerton, who usually plays for the club’s first XI in the Cambs & Hunts Premier League, clubbed 163 off just 106 balls – a monster innings including 19 fours and six sixes – as they walloped Peterborough side Hampton 2nds by 225 runs.
Ramsey 3rds piled up 314-8 before removing Hampton for 89 with youngsters Alistair Clark and Ben Saunders taking three wickets apiece.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 10 Huntingdon assistant land buyer wins graduate award from her peers