Cameron completes the hat-trick of Hunts AC club records
- Credit: Archant
Hunts AC made an excellent start to their Eastern Vets League campaign on home turf at St Ives.
Hunts finished joint second in the men’s team standings and third in the women’s competition after a series of fine individual performances.
There was a 3,000m double as Richard Holland raced to victory in the M50 race in 11:11.0 while Bruce Grimley made his first league appearance for the club a winning one in the M60 event in 11:27.0.
Bob Ellingham announced his arrival in the M50 age group by launching the hammer to 42.13m while Richard Phelan leaped to 4.88m to take the long jump honours in the same age bracket.
Penny Butcher also sampled long jump success in the W50 event after an effort of 3.80m.
You may also want to watch:
Karen Cameron won the 1,500m walk in 9:33.0 for an inaugural veteran’s club record to go with the mile and 2,000m bests she also holds.
Butcher and Cameron teamed up with Andrea Linnell and Paula Waller to knock almost 10 seconds off the club’s previous medley relay record set two years ago with 5:43.4. That event features two 200m legs and one apiece over 400m and 800m.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 4 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 5 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 8 Aggressive and controlling partner jailed
- 9 Thousands of families tipped on to universal credit due to Covid-19
- 10 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess