Cafferkey brothers star as Ramsey earn the chance to test themselves at Edgbaston
- Credit: Archant
Ramsey triumphed in the Hunts round of the ECB Indoor National Club Championship last Sunday.
Michael Cafferkey’s men pipped Godmanchester by one run in the local final of the six-a-side competition at One Leisure in St Ives.
They successfully chased Goddy’s offering of 100 with two wickets to spare, finishing on 101-4. Elliot Cafferkey top-scored for Ramsey with a knock of 34 after Paul Swannell (37) and Elliott Baldwin (35) had led the Godmanchester effort.
Ramsey, who’s septet also included Jordan Cafferkey, Jon Cade and Mark Edwards, now compete in the regional finals at Edgbaston on February 28.
Ramsey had earlier beaten Peterborough Town by 21 runs in their semi-final. Jordan Cafferkey led the way with 50 as Ramsey posted 166-4 before restricting Town to 145-3.
You may also want to watch:
Godmanchester overcame Nassington by 86 runs in the other semi.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 3 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 7 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'