NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: Landmark success for one set of Rovers but disappointment for another
- Credit: Archant
Eynesbury Rovers celebrated a first victory of their new Spartan South Midlands League era in midweek.
Mark Ducket's men eased to a 5-0 triumph at Biggleswade United in an A1 derby clash on Tuesday night.
A number of opportunities went begging before Jordan Brown broke the deadlock late in the first half.
The opener was swiftly followed by a second goal in stoppage time as summer signing Jake Stronge opened his Eynesbury account.
Brown was denied by a post early in the second half but Stronge then struck again seconds later to put the result beyond doubt.
You may also want to watch:
But Rovers weren't done there as Brown raced around the keeper to slot into an empty net before Scott Sinclair applied the icing to the cake with a stunning blast from long range.
Eynesbury have taken four points from their opening two Premier Division games following a summer switch from the United Counties League. They were held to a 1-1 draw by Oxhey Jets in their curtain-raiser last Saturday.
- 1 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 2 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 5 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 6 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 7 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 8 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
Godmanchester Rovers have begun the Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division campaign with back-to-back defeats.
Ollie Drake's men were seen off 2-1 by newly-promoted Swaffham Town in their opener last Saturday and then slipped to a midweek home reverse.
They were beaten 2-0 by Haverhill Rovers at the David Wilson Homes Ground on Tuesday night both goals arriving in the second half.
Eynesbury and Godmanchester both play in the extra preliminary round of the FA Cup this weekend against United Counties League sides.
Eynesbury host Wellingborough Town today, 3pm, while Godmanchester are at Northampton ON Chenecks tomorrow, 3pm.