Bulls pay penalty
Market Harborough 34 St Ives Bulls 0 A WEAKENED St Ives slumped to defeat at well-drilled Market Harborough. Captain Ross Thompson, try sensation Marc Sands and the youthful back-row trio of Steve Burke, Matt Ball and Jason Price were all missing from the
Market Harborough 34
St Ives Bulls 0
A WEAKENED St Ives slumped to defeat at well-drilled Market Harborough.
Captain Ross Thompson, try sensation Marc Sands and the youthful back-row trio of Steve Burke, Matt Ball and Jason Price were all missing from the line-up.
You may also want to watch:
An early injury unsettled the St Ives pack and Market Harborough took advantage to score a penalty after some lax defending by Saints.
The hosts increased their lead soon after with an excellent driving mall.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 5 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
Saints' best chance came halfway through the first half after a quick penalty in their own 22. Good handling and off-loading powered the visitors up the touchline but Saints could not hold on to the final pass.
Saints were 20-0 down at half time and despite an improved display, with Michael Sykes shoring up the back row, the hosts added two further scores.
Stand-in captain David Williams said: "I was disappointed with the first half performance considering the good results of the past two weeks, but I was pleased with the effort and defence of the second half considering the number of players playing out of position.