RUGBY: St Ives scoop top award at Twickenham
- Credit: Archant
St Ives are celebrating after receiving a major accolade at Twickenham.
The Bulls were named as ‘Rugby Club of the Year 2018, at the recent Crabbie’s National Rugby Awards.
Collecting the award, St Ives president Andy Frear said: “We have great leadership from our chairman Mark Smy and I know he would agree that it is a host of hard-working volunteers who make the club what it is.
“This award is for all of them.”
St Ives were also finalists in the ‘Men’s Team of the Year’ category after enjoying terrific success with a Midlands Division Three East (South) title triumph and Midlands Senior Vase success last season.
You may also want to watch:
But the Bulls aren’t just successful at first XV level. A number of colts talents have progressed into senior rugby with the second team, who started the new Eastern Counties Division Two West season with a 52-10 victory against Haverhill last weekend.
St Ives also have a thriving junior set-up with sides running from Under 7 through to Under 15.
- 1 Emergency services close St Neots road after medical emergency
- 2 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 3 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 4 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 5 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 6 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 7 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 8 Haul of weapons including a knuckleduster seized from Little Paxton home
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal