TABLE TENNIS: Bullen pleased with performance after reaching the PTT Spanish Open quarter-finals
- Credit: Archant
St Neots star Dan Bullen reached the quarter-finals of the PTT Spanish Open at the weekend.
Playing in the Class 5 category in Sant Cugat del Valles, near Barcelona, Bullen advanced from the group stages before bowing out following a 3-2 defeat to Gerardus Van Grunsven.
Bullen opened up a 2-0 lead in the last-eight contest, but was undone by a comeback from his Dutch opponent.
He beat Teeradech Klangmanee (Thailand) and David Olsson (Sweden) in the group stage with those victories sandwiching a loss to Brazilian player Claudiomiro Segatto.
Bullen said: “I feel that I had a really good competition in getting to the quarter-finals in the singles.
You may also want to watch:
“I won two of my group matches and only lost to a player who is ranked number 11 in the world.
“I have a lot of things to take away and work on from this tournament.”
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 5 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 6 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 7 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 8 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 9 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
Bullen and partner Cellan Hall – another member of the British Para Table Tennis Team – bowed out at the group stage in the team event after losses to the van Grunsven/Segatto partnership and Sweden.
Bullen is back in action at the end of this month in the US Open – an event being held in Las Vegas between June 28 and 30.