TABLE TENNIS: Bullen pleased with performance after reaching the PTT Spanish Open quarter-finals
- Credit: Archant
St Neots star Dan Bullen reached the quarter-finals of the PTT Spanish Open at the weekend.
Playing in the Class 5 category in Sant Cugat del Valles, near Barcelona, Bullen advanced from the group stages before bowing out following a 3-2 defeat to Gerardus Van Grunsven.
Bullen opened up a 2-0 lead in the last-eight contest, but was undone by a comeback from his Dutch opponent.
He beat Teeradech Klangmanee (Thailand) and David Olsson (Sweden) in the group stage with those victories sandwiching a loss to Brazilian player Claudiomiro Segatto.
Bullen said: “I feel that I had a really good competition in getting to the quarter-finals in the singles.
“I won two of my group matches and only lost to a player who is ranked number 11 in the world.
“I have a lot of things to take away and work on from this tournament.”
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 3 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 4 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 5 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 6 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 7 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 8 Silent protest at Camp Beagle as vans leave the site
- 9 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 10 Newly elected mayor and deputy mayor of St Neots announced
Bullen and partner Cellan Hall – another member of the British Para Table Tennis Team – bowed out at the group stage in the team event after losses to the van Grunsven/Segatto partnership and Sweden.
Bullen is back in action at the end of this month in the US Open – an event being held in Las Vegas between June 28 and 30.