Bull Claim Friendly Win
Friendly Match St Ives Bulls 60 Thorney 8 THORNEY brought a mixed veteran side to Somersham Road, but with the Bulls playing with a mixture of level-headedness from their seniors and fast feet from the youth, they stormed to a convincing win. The visitors
St Ives Bulls 60 Thorney 8
THORNEY brought a mixed veteran side to Somersham Road, but with the Bulls playing with a mixture of level-headedness from their seniors and fast feet from the youth, they stormed to a convincing win.
The visitors spent the first 15 minutes camped on the Bulls' try line with only a penalty to show for it before the home side put pressure on the Thorney line and Jez Clarke crossed for a try.
You may also want to watch:
Brothers Michael and Gareth Drake then combined well for the latter to add another try. Jason Price was next to go over after a stunning break by Paul Ashbridge - and this was added to when Lee Jackson burst through to score.
Thorney struck first in the second half, before Gareth Drake completed a hat-trick of tries. Jackson added another after Tommy Newman had got his name on the sheet, and Steve Plum ran 60 yards and crumbled under the posts to put the game to bed.
- 1 Not one, but possibly two viaducts for St Neots!
- 2 Drink-drive arrest after crash in Huntingdon
- 3 Nurses Day 2021: You thank our dedicated Hunts nurses for their care
- 4 Woman stole from terminally-ill mother
- 5 Life is sweet! Cheesecake emporium opens in Brampton
- 6 Paedophile exposed in undercover police operation
- 7 Huntingdon drug dealer jailed after police find messages on his phone
- 8 Pasco Hussain is named as the new mayor of St Ives
- 9 Celebration of food and drink at town's first street food festival
- 10 Metro is off the cards says new mayor Dr Nik Johnson
Also impressing was Jez Clarke, with two tries.
Injured Vets captain Mark Smy said: "It's played one, won one, so it can't be a bad start.