Buckingham Town 1 Eynesbury Rovers 1
EYNESBURY Rovers failed to hold the lead in a must win game as they slipped five points away from the promotion places at Buckingham Town. The game was a tense affair that ended goalless at the interval, the most eventful thing being that the referee did
EYNESBURY Rovers failed to hold the lead in a must win game as they slipped five points away from the promotion places at Buckingham Town.
The game was a tense affair that ended goalless at the interval, the most eventful thing being that the referee did not turn up and one of the linesmen had to referee the game with a Buckingham Town official taking the linesman's flag.
The visitors finally broke the deadlock with Chris Brown scoring after 80 minutes. The lead did not last long though, and the hosts equalised just two minutes later through Jon Mills to stay a point above Rovers.
Eynesbury Rovers co-manager Pat O'Keefe said: "We were confident of getting a result before the game but the way it worked out we are not very happy. They scored from our bad defending and we should have held on to the lead.
You may also want to watch:
"What really annoyed me was that the referee didn't turn up. Their linesman made some dubious decisions and in the last minute we had an offside go against us when he was clearly onside and we would have won the game.
"We have some big games coming up against the top teams so if we can take points off them then we really will be back in the promotion chase. We are confident of beating the top sides and we already have this season, it's the bottom sides we drop points against. If we can put a run together of three or four wins then we will be doing well."
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 6 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
Rovers have not lost in seven games and play AFC Kemptson Rovers tomorrow (Tuesday). On Saturday they travel to promotion rivals Whitworths, before next week they look to double league leaders Peterborough Northern Star at Hall Road and travel to third placed Northampton ON Chenecks.