Bucken boxer back on song
- Credit: Archant
Buckden boxer Tony Herbert roared back to winning ways with a bang.
The 17 year-old beat home fighter Joshua Gustave of Fairburn ABC at a show in Chigwell, Essex.
Herbert took the fight to his vastly more experienced opponent in a competitive opening round.
Both boxers landed a volley of blows in the second round before serving up more action in the finale.
Herbert secured a split decision from the judges and said: “This was probably my hardest contest to date and, after a poor performance in my last fight, it has given me confidence.”
You may also want to watch:
Herbert fights again this weekend in Attleborough, Norfolk.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 5 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 9 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 10 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer