Good times and plenty of money for charity makes it a successful 2020 London Marathon for BRJ Run & Tri
- Credit: Archant
Huntingdon-based BRJ Run & Tri found enjoyment and fulfilment in the virtual 2020 London Marathon.
In total 17 completed the challenge to run the 26.2 miles over a route of their choice.
Hannah Brickell was the first of them to finish in three hours 27 minutes 15 seconds followed by Robert Farrant (3:33:20), Harrison Evans (3:44:52) and Jane Roberts (3:46:06).
Alice Edwards, Felicity Baillie, Juliet Aungier, Dan Ainscow, Abigail Turner, Sue Ray, Jacqui Moore, Kathryn Heath, Alex Smart, Sue Yendley, Belinda Parker, Mel Gearing and Samantha Ahern were the others.
As well as those chasing fast times or just completing the distance, some were raising money for charity.
You may also want to watch:
Ray raised around £1,300 for the Throat Cancer Foundation, a cause close to her heart since her sister was diagnosed with the disease, while Gearing has led the fundraising for the club’s nominated charity BEAT, the country’s leading eating disorder charity, with almost £6,000 raised in total.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 8 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 9 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 10 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire