ATHLETICS: More honours for BRJ man Hudson; veteran prize for Hunts AC runner McKee
- Credit: Archant
David Hudson enjoyed success for the second successive Sunday when winning the Bassingbourn Half-Marathon.
Huntingdon BRJ Run & Tri man Hudson competed the 13.1-mile test in a speedway 1:12.29 to add another victory to his collection only a week after winning the Abbey 10k in Ramsey.
Ty Farrer of Hunts AC finished third in 1:17.44 to take the MV40 age-group honours while his clubmate Caroline King was second in the FV35 category in 1:40.32.
Both local clubs were also represented in the Whitemoor Five Miler event at March where Hunts AC man Rod McKee was the first veteran in 30.58.
Rob Farrant was eighth overall and third in the MV45-49 age bracket in 32.04 while fellow BRJ runner Shelley Duffy was the third female finisher – and 21st overall – in 36.09.
You may also want to watch:
BRJ’s Anna Douglas was the second lady to complete the Stortfold 10-mile race last Sunday, finishing 20th overall.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 6 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k