Breakaway goals send Town to defeat
UCL Division One AFC Kempston 3 Huntingdon Town 1 ANOTHER goal from Alyou Coaney couldn t prevent Huntingdon from sliding to defeat at Kempston. Town were slow to get out of the blocks and fell behind after quarter of an hour when Krysztof Matieskiwicz fo
UCL Division One
AFC Kempston 3 Huntingdon Town 1
ANOTHER goal from Alyou Coaney couldn't prevent Huntingdon from sliding to defeat at Kempston.
Town were slow to get out of the blocks and fell behind after quarter of an hour when Krysztof Matieskiwicz followed in after a home effort had struck the crossbar.
A heavy pitch did not help the visitors' style of football, but a fine team move shortly before half-time earned Town an equaliser.
Danny Dolan, Adam Bevilacqua and Carl Foreman were all involved in a move that set up Coaney to net for the third successive weekend.
- 1 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 2 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 3 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 4 White roses and political history in Huntingdonshire
- 5 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 6 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 7 80th birthday celebrations for the East's longest-serving lollipop lady
- 8 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 9 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 10 East West Rail host public event to discuss controversial project
Huntingdon goalkeeper Dave Beanie made some good saves to keep the scores level at the start of the second half and the visitors should have taken the lead as they created a period of sustained pressure - but couldn't find the goal.
Ryan Francis missed a couple of chances and Town were made to pay when Gavin Batt and Lewis Hook scored two breakaway goals for the hosts to see them nick the points.
Visiting manager Paul Swannell said: "We started slowly in each of the two halves but midway through the second half we looked the more likely winners.
"Their manager has praised our performance and its just disappointing to be hit by two breakaway goals.