Breakaway goals send Town to defeat
UCL Division One AFC Kempston 3 Huntingdon Town 1 ANOTHER goal from Alyou Coaney couldn t prevent Huntingdon from sliding to defeat at Kempston. Town were slow to get out of the blocks and fell behind after quarter of an hour when Krysztof Matieskiwicz fo
UCL Division One
AFC Kempston 3 Huntingdon Town 1
ANOTHER goal from Alyou Coaney couldn't prevent Huntingdon from sliding to defeat at Kempston.
Town were slow to get out of the blocks and fell behind after quarter of an hour when Krysztof Matieskiwicz followed in after a home effort had struck the crossbar.
You may also want to watch:
A heavy pitch did not help the visitors' style of football, but a fine team move shortly before half-time earned Town an equaliser.
Danny Dolan, Adam Bevilacqua and Carl Foreman were all involved in a move that set up Coaney to net for the third successive weekend.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 3 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 4 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 7 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
Huntingdon goalkeeper Dave Beanie made some good saves to keep the scores level at the start of the second half and the visitors should have taken the lead as they created a period of sustained pressure - but couldn't find the goal.
Ryan Francis missed a couple of chances and Town were made to pay when Gavin Batt and Lewis Hook scored two breakaway goals for the hosts to see them nick the points.
Visiting manager Paul Swannell said: "We started slowly in each of the two halves but midway through the second half we looked the more likely winners.
"Their manager has praised our performance and its just disappointing to be hit by two breakaway goals.