Brampton Res through to the final of 30 Years Junior Cup
- Credit: MIKE EGERTON/PA
Brampton Res are through to the final of the Cambs County League 30 Year Junior Cup after a dramatic winner in their game against Claire Town Res.
With the scores tied at 2-2 and the clock showing it was the last minute, Jared Sharp popped up with a fine header to give Brampton the win.
Speaking to Isaac Brindley and Ben Prior of HCR104fm, the scorer said: "It is an amazing feeling and I cannot wait to get involved in the final.
"It was a difficult afternoon, but everyone played well. I don't normally score but that is seven in this competition and I am enjoying it so much.”
Manager Josh Hawker added: “It would of been nice to get it done early doors but it does make it that bit more special to score the winner in the last minute and to have all the people here with us watching and supporting Brampton, celebrating at the end.
"That was amazing.”
They will now play Orwell Res in the final on Friday, June 11 at Newmarket Town.
- 1 Flood devastation as villagers are forced to clear drains with their bare hands
- 2 Murder most foul in village's historical records
- 3 Plans for Ox-Cam Arc are 'pretty awful'
- 4 Mum shares her experience in call for IVF to be reinstated
- 5 St Ives schoolboy looking to claim national title with Kettering Town
- 6 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 7 Nathan’s Go-Fund Me page raises more than £6,000 and family pay tribute
- 8 Ramsey College takes part in international research project
- 9 Freedom Day postponed - 'it's better to be safe than sorry', say readers
- 10 Blue Beard! David dyes his beard bright blue to support MIND