BOXING: New Saints star Macey marches to victory ahead of Eastern Counties test
- Credit: Archant
New Saints ABC talent Gareth Macey warmed up for a big National Junior Championships bout with victory.
Macey was one of the three fighters from the Eaton Socon club to make the long trip to Dorset last Saturday for a Sturminster Newton ABC show.
Macey stopped Ryan Treveskus (Mayflower ABC) in the first round of their contest – a confidence-booster ahead of an Eastern Counties Finals clash against national development champion Dean Allumn (Newmarket) this weekend.
Dylan Warner (points win against Titchfield ABC opponent Olly Blyth) and debutant Leon Isaacs (stoppage success against Nelson Ray of Ferndown ABC) also impressed in Dorset.
Three other New Saints talents were in action closer to home on the Ernies ABC show in Chatteris.
You may also want to watch:
Bobbie-Joe Stanley produced an impressive second-round knockout of Bradley Mayo (Willenhall Town ABC) while Bill Davis was edged out by the lively Levi Scotland (also Willenhall) on a split decision. Lenny Whittred made his debut in a skills bout.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 3 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 4 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 7 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding