BOXING: New Saints ABC stars shine in successful home show
- Credit: Archant
New Saints ABC enjoyed plenty of success when staging an exciting show last Saturday.
Seven of the 10 home fighters in action at the Eaton Socon club’s Little End Road base recorded wins.
Bill Davis and Ron Belkin maintained their 100 per-cent records by beating other unbeaten boxers, while Bobbie Stanley, Walter Smith, Alfie Smith, Gareth Macey and George Pyke also triumphed on points.
Nathan Buckley was pipped on a split decision after being involved in the bout of the day.
Senior boxers Jake Brading (a 24 year-old light middleweight) and Bailey Radford (a cruiserweight prospect aged 19) were both on the wrong end of close decisions when making encouraging New Saints debuts.
You may also want to watch:
A 15-bout show featured 12 scoring contests and three skills contests.
New Saints ABC results: Bill Davis bt Harvey Harmon (Boston) pts, Bobbie Stanley bt Jack Thomas-Jones (Scunthorpe) pts, Walter Smith bt Shawn Follows (Grantham) pts, Ron Belkin bt Andrew Garner (Fenland Sparta) pts, Alfie Smith bt Luca Ginifer (Fusion) pts, N. Buckley lost to Josh Boyd (Centuions) pts, Gareth Macey bt Bailey Greetham (Fusion) pts, George Pyke bt Kacper Kozak (Pboro Police) pts, Jake Brading lost to James Hall (Bourne) pts, Bailey Radford lost to Reece Dalton (Fusion).
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 9 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 10 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need