BOXING: Davis fits the Bill with fine display at New Saints ABC show
- Credit: Archant
Bill Davis delivered a superb display at the latest New Saints ABC show – and impressed some fine judges in the process.
The 11 year-old beat previously unbeaten David Paulaukis, from the Epic Golden Gloves club, in Newark, on a unanimous decision.
Smith’s performance earned him the home fighter of the night award - an accolade which was selected by St Ives professional Bradley Smith, Team GB fighter Jordan Reynolds and retired former English champion Tommy Martin.
He certainly wasn’t the only New Saints boxer to impress at their Eaton Socon base.
George Pyke (15) extended his winning record in New Saints’ colours to three fights when seeing off Josh Boyd, from the Centurions club in Scunthorpe.
You may also want to watch:
Pyke displayed his smart boxing skills to dominate the opening two rounds before going toe-to-toe with his opponent in the finale.
Gareth Macey (14) returned to winning ways in a bruising clash with Mitch Lawson of Halstead ABC, while Spencer Smith (12) got his career off to a successful start by beating another Centurions boxer, Adam Bedford.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 4 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 5 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 6 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 7 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 8 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
But there was a narrow defeat for Alfie Smith (12).
He was pipped by Freddie Collings, a tidy counter-puncher from Norwich City ABC.
Five other New Saints youngsters, Emily Smith, Dylan Warner, Walter Smith, Aaron Cook and Stanley Smith, took part in non-scoring skills bouts.
Alfie Smith and Stanley Smith both represent the club in the quarter-finals of the National Schoolboy Championships this Sunday. They are in action at the Chadwell St Mary club in Essex.