BOWLS: Successful St Neots Outdoor Bowls Club raid on the Cambridgeshire County Finals
- Credit: Archant
St Neots Outdoor Bowls Club retained two team titles at the recent Cambridgeshire County Finals – and also scooped an individual crown.
They beat Newmarket in the final to retain the Mixed Top Club event by a 3-2 scoreline which features matches across a range of disciplines.
Rebecca Moorbey was beaten in the ladies singles, but Ross Tomlinson brought St Neots level with victory in the men’s singles contest.
A convincing success from the mixed fours line-up of Sandra Gentle, Emma Felce, Johnnie Wildman and Barry Kitto followed for St Neots before Newmarket responded to win the mixed triples showdown.
The mixed pairs battle proved to be the decider with Hayley Felce and Terry Staughton prevailing by a single shot on the final end.
You may also want to watch:
And St Neots also got the better of Newmarket opposition to keep hold of the Gilbert Cup for another year.
They eventually triumphed by eight shots in a tight contest with the turning point being a five-shot haul for the rink of Wayne Bailey, Hayden Moorbey, David Appleton and Staughton in one end.
- 1 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 4 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 5 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 6 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 7 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 10 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
Adam Barker followed in the footsteps of brother, Jamie, when providing the individual triumph.
He beat Jamie Stewart (Cambs & County) 21-20 to lift a trophy his sibling won in 2015.
* A successful summer for St Neots Outdoor Bowls Club continued when they retained the triples crown at the Hunts League finals, beating Warboys White Hart.